Monday, April 14, 2014

Jane Austen: Philosopher

I only recently discovered Jane Austen for myself.  Oh, I knew she was acclaimed and her works were considered must reads, but I'd never gotten around to actually reading her.  Last year I read Pride and Prejudice.  I loved it.  In fact, I immediately downloaded all of her books.  Then I got distracted (I believe it was Neil Gaiman and Joe Hill who led me astray), but my favorite entertainment blog has reminded me again of Ms. Jane Austen.  Their post leads to a blog dedicated to Austen's work and brings back many of the reasons I found Pride and Prejudice wonderful.  The underlying philosophy and unique (for it's time) thought is indeed what elevates her work beyond a dramatic romance.

Read the entertainment blog here, then follow their links to the Austen blog.  It's a lovely way to spend a morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment