Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Book Review: The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban

I tried posting this on Goodreads, but it wouldn't save the whole review.  I guess my paragraph was just too long or something.  (Not really.  Sometimes that site is wonky...)  So, I'm posting my review here and I'll redirect anyone who is interested from there.  :D

Buy On Amazon

My review:  I picked this book at the library based on three factors - it was on a shelf of books nominated for a Beehive Book Award (best/favorite books in Utah), it had an interesting title, and good cover design.  ( Hey, I was there with my three kids, I didn't exactly have the luxury of pouring over each book, deciding which to choose for myself.) When I got home, I read the inside jacket and wondered what I'd been thinking.  A teen romance?!?!  Jennifer Weiner gave it a glowing review?!?!  I hate her books!  I did eventually open it and was surprised.  It wasn't terrible.  It was fairly well written. I liked the device of one boy telling another his tragic love story remotely, and the characters were okay for a teen romance.  However, it was a really slow read.  I had to force myself to finish it.  So, I didn't hate it but I won't rush to find another like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment